23 Dec 2013
I am a consultant, developer, grant writer, lecturer, and author, focusing on media and communications, ICT, the Internet, media management, media development, journalism, and media policy.
In my main line of work – development – my track record includes the entire life cycle of tender applications, funding opportunities and grant proposals:
- Researching, identifying, and assessing appropriate funding opportunities (grants, donations, contracts, dedicated thematic funding programs) for specific clients;
- Advising clients on funding opportunities, managing expectations, and fine-tuning their approach to the requirements and policies of potential donors;
- Contributing to in-house proposal and tender drafting processes in editorial, advisory, or writing capacities, depending on needs;
- Designing appropriate, realistic, detailed, impact oriented and quality conscious project plans ahead of, or during, a proposal process;
- Establishing and fine-tuning indicators for impact measurement, customized to individual actions (specializing in, but not limited to, media related activities);
- Independently developing complete bids or grant proposals (narrative, budget, logical framework) on behalf of clients from scratch, or based on existing conceptual thoughts in various degrees of elaboration.
Aside from working for international private and public-sector media companies and foundations, I am affiliated with the European Journalism Centre (EJC) as a business developer and research coordinator. Inspired by my stint as head of scheduling of TV channel VOX in the 1990s, I published – among others – the standard reference “Praxishandbuch Fernsehen” (The Television Management Handbook).